The Greek Adventure. The blog about everything Greece. Ancient and modern.
Be it travel, greek food, politics, history, anything.
Some posts link to other sites, some are comments, some are original matter. Don't forget to visit often.



2006-05-19

L'été grec (the Greek Summer)


posted at 22:48

As I was telling you some days ago, about the Best place for Bike Tourism, when I found on flickr some french bikers that took the round of Peloponnese. Their photos and description brought up in my mind the ever classic book of Jacques Lacarrière, "L'été grec". It is one of the most beautiful descriptions of that part of Greece, I've read! And, although his trip was some 50 years ago, there is still this same kind of people you can find there, the same style of living, the same preoccupations and the same huge hospitality.

So, I found it for you at Amazon. Click on the photo to go there. It's in french (I don't know if it has been translated). Memorable book!

If you want, there is even on the french Amazon site:



Technorati Tags: ,



0 Comments

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home